The Economic and Social Council has tasked the Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) with conducting a ten-year review of the progress made in the implementation of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) outcomes.* As part of this review, the Economic and Social Council requested the Commission to collect inputs from all stakeholders. The objective of this consultation is to provide opportunity to all stakeholders to share any experiences and insights believed to be of value for the ten-year review.
The discussion will center around the following questions:
• To what extent has a people-centred, inclusive and development-oriented Information Society developed in the 10 years since the WSIS?
• How far do you consider the implementation of WSIS outcomes to have been achieved?
• What are the challenges to the implementation of WSIS outcomes and to the emergence of a people-centred, inclusive and development-oriented Information Society?
• What should be the priorities for stakeholders seeking to achieve WSIS outcomes and progress towards the Information Society in the post-2015 development agenda?
* More information of the CSTD's ten-year review of the implementation of WSIS outcomes is available at:http://unctad.org/en/Pages/CSTD/WSIS-10yearReview.aspx